About Dr. Diane Lam
*** In our effort to accommodate same-day appointments, please be sure to provide your insurance information because our office needs to check your insurance ahead of time. Thank you! *** Dr. Lam is a diplomat of the American Board of Anesthesiology and is a board-certified Pain Medicine specialist. Dr. Lam is very dedicated to the field of pain management and is committed to help patients relieve pain and improve function. Throughout her medical training and career, Dr. Lam was described as having outstanding clinical skills, a sound character with integrity and was a reputable doctor among her peers and patients. To provide the best care for her patients, she keeps abreast of the latest developments of pain medicine and incorporates the most cutting-edge treatment modalities in her practice. Dr. Lam received her bachelor degree from City University of New York at Queens College graduating with highest honor in the major and was a recipient of the Donald Lancefield Prize and Dean’s List recognition. She then was awarded scholarship from State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn where she received her medical degree. After finishing her Anesthesiology residency training at Columbia University Hospital Center Saint Lukes Roosevelt, she decided to stay and further enrich her training by completing a Pain Management Fellowship. From her extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of various pain management conditions, Dr. Lam authored a pain management chapter in First Aid for the Anesthesiology Board.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Pain Management Specialist
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pain Medicine (Anesthesiology)
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Chinese (Cantonese)
Dr. Diane Lam's office location
132-15 41st Avenue, Suite CB
Flushing, NY 11355
Patient reviews for Dr. Diane Lam
Fantastic Doctor, really treats each patient with respect and wants to help everyone get better.
Warm, Understanding and Compassionate, theirs nothing more I could say.
All was good, she got me on my way to a better me. To be continued, I will see her again in a few weeks and I hope to have less pain at that time.
It was amazing. She is a very good listener
Doctor was Very understanding, great listener, respectful and very genuine about about my feelings and pain. Didn't rush me out. She is overall amazing!
the doctor is very nice and professional. However the billing is a mess. I paid a copay at the office. But I still got a bill from a billing company. Even I informed them I paid already still keep receiving bill. Very annoying.
Dr Diane is wonderful She listen us very carefully She is professional Satisfied
Very thorough , professional, considered all possibilities and options and made a good judgement!
She was kind and professional at all times. She appears knowledgeable and demonstrated good communication skills. It was a helpful experience. I would see her again if the need arises.
I visited Dr. Lam for pain medication for my neck pain. I am having a radiofrequency ablation in a few weeks and only need medication until then. The pain management doctor I am seeing does not prescribe medication and referred me to another doctor. However, the other doctor can not see me before November 15th. I decided to see Dr. Lam because I pass near her office on my way home from work, I could see her the same day, and it listed "Pain management medication" on ZocDoc as part of what she does. The doctor informed me she doesn't prescribe medication for short-term situations like this when the end procedure is being done by someone else. I wasted two hours for a needless office visit that was a complete waste of time. The doctor declined to return my co-pay and I'm sure she will be my insurance for the visit. On the positive side, the doctor is very nice and has great credentials and I'm sure that others may have a positive experience. The listing of "pain medication" on Zoc Doc is wrong and needs to be corrected. I did try and call the office that morning but they were not in and didn't reach out to me in advance of the visit. I think the doctor should refund the co-pay, cancel the insurance billing. My time is valuable too and I don't like having it needlessly wasted. Should I bill her for my time?
She is really friendly
Very dedicated Dr, with concern for pain and how to rectify it! Giving options how to reduce and lessen it! Recommend the Dr. Highly!
The best doctor I've seen in the past few years. Dr Diane Lam took time to listen, asked a lot of questions and really cared. You don't meet such doctors nowadays. They want you in and out in 10 min or less but not her. She is very professional and knowledgeable. Someone you can trust. I'm glad to have found her.
She was extremely comforting, really made my concerns feel validated. I would highly recommend her.
She really knows what she doing best doctor in metro plus family
- Atlanta, GA Pain Management Specialists
- Austin, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Chicago, IL Pain Management Specialists
- Dallas, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Denver, CO Pain Management Specialists
- Houston, TX Pain Management Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Pain Management Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Pain Management Specialists
- New York, NY Pain Management Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Pain Management Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Pain Management Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Pain Management Specialists
- San Diego, CA Pain Management Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Pain Management Specialists
- Washington, DC Pain Management Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Anesthesia Consultation
- Epidural Injection
- General Anesthesia
- Intravenous Medication / Sedation
- Pain Management Consultation
- Pain Medicine Follow Up
- Pediatric Pre-Surgery Anesthesia Follow Up
- Regional Anesthesia
- Sedation Management
- Spinal Anesthesia
- Vascular Anesthesia
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pain Management Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- Cigna Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Pain Management Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pain Management Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pain Management Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pain Management Specialists
- More Insurances