Don M Thrower, NP
Family Nurse Practitioner
A friendly and trusted family nurse practitioner, Mr. Don M Thrower looks after the community of Columbiana, AL. Currently practicing at Grandview Medical (Affinity Physician Services), he encourages open communication with his patients which allows him to guide them through their treatment as active participants in their own well-being. Mr. Thrower graduated from Samford University, where he received his master's degree in family nursing. He also completed a bachelor's degree at the University of Alabama. Passionate about medicine, he constantly keeps himself up-to-date on the most progressive techniques available. Mr. Thrower believes in providing comprehensive and holistic medical care, to enhance his patients’ overall health. He integrates his medical expertise with state of the art technology and strives to provide the highest quality of healthcare.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Education and training
- Samford University, Master's in Family Nursing
- Samford University (Bachelor's)
- University of Alabama (Bachelor's)
- Dr. Thrower is a board certified by American Nurses Credentialing Center
Awards and publications
- DeVilleneuve, J., Tew, S., Thrower, M., Alexander, J. G., & Marshall, E. (2004, February). The spiritual well-being of Hispanic migrant workers. Papers presented at the 18th annual conference of the Southern Nursing Research Society, International Nursing Research, Louisville, KY.
- Thrower, D. M., Fortin, M., Miodrag, C., & Hunt, M. (1998).The city of Fairfield, a minority city on the move. Presented of faculty and nursing professionals, Samford University, Samford, AL.
- Presidential Scholar, The University of Alabama
- Georgia- Pacific Scholarship Award
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing
Grandview Medical (Affinity Physician Services)
Grandview Health Columbiana
247 Walton St
Columbiana, AL 35051