About Dr. Ehsan Saadat
Dr. Ehsan Saadat is a Harvard and Emory-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon, with special expertise in minimally invasive, motion preserving and complex revision spine surgery. Dr. Saadat studied biomedical engineering at UC Berkeley and earned his MD from UC San Francisco School of Medicine. During the course of his undergraduate and medical studies, Dr. Saadat was heavily involved in advanced musculoskeletal imaging research, focusing on advanced MRI technologies in developing a better understanding of disorders of the spine. After finishing medical school, Dr. Saadat completed his orthopaedic surgical training at Harvard, where he received extensive training in complex spinal surgery and scoliosis. While at Harvard, he served as the chief editor of the Orthopaedic Journal at Harvard Medical School, and was honored as chief resident at Massachusetts General Hospital during his last year of training. After finishing general orthopaedic training, Dr. Saadat then completed a spine surgery fellowship at the prestigious Emory Spine Center. Dr. Saadat has authored numerous research publications covering a wide range of topics in orthopaedics and spine surgery, and is frequently invited to present his work at national and international conferences. He has authored multiple book chapters, and has heavily contributed to the newest authoritative textbook of techniques in spine surgery. Dr. Saadat’s areas of interest include disk replacement surgery, minimally-invasive microscopic decompression of the cervical and lumbar spine, microdiscectomy for disk herniations, anterior cervical fusion, minimally invasive spinal fusions (XLIF and ALIF), and complex revision spine surgery.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Spine Specialist
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, San Francisco, Doctor of Medicine
- Harvard University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Emory University, Fellowship in Spine Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
Awards and publications
- D Tobert, V Antoci, SP Patel, E Saadat and CM Bono. Adjacent segment disease in the cervical and lumbar spine. Clin Spine Surg. 2017 Apr;30(3):94-101.
- E Saadat, SO Vargas, ME Anderson and M Glotzbecker. Acutely inflamed intra-articular localized tenosynovial giant cell tumor presenting as a septic hip. JBJS Case Connec. 2016 Jul 27; 6 (3): e60.
- JW Brubacher, E Saadat, CM Harper, Y Marjoua and GSM Dyer. Design of a simulation-based curriculum to train orthopaedic residents for disasters in the operating room. Orthop J Harvard Med Sch. 2016 June;17: 49-55.,E Saadat, ST Yoon and SD Boden. Open transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion. In “Emory Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Spine Surgery,” JM Rhee (Ed), Lippincot Williams and Wilkins (in press).
Dr. Ehsan Saadat's office location
Ehsan Saadat, MD
444 S San Vicente Blvd, Suite 901
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Patient reviews for Dr. Ehsan Saadat
Very nice ! Very professional !
Dr. Saadat was awesome. He listened to my concerns and was extremely thorough in evaluating me. I feel so much better after seeing him.
Worth the long wait. Dr. Is thorough, patient and professional.
Very professional, excellent listener. He did a thorough exam to address my concern and examine my spine and joints. I highly recommend you to go see him. He very patient and knowledgeable as well!
I like that he was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was interested in me as a patient and my well being was priority to him.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Brain / Spinal Cord Tumor
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery
- Cervical Laminaplasty
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Congenital Kyphosis
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Congenital Spine Deformity
- Flatback Syndrome
- Kyphosis Surgery
- Lower Back Pain / Lumbago
- More Procedures