Dr. Gevorg Sedrakyan, MD
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
About Dr. Gevorg Sedrakyan
Gevorg Sedrakyan is an internist who accentuates his medical practice with insight, analysis, and comfort. He is currently treating patients in Alexandria, VA and is affiliated with the Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Sedrakyan’s bedside manner and kind disposition allow him to relate to his patients effectively, and educate them on their conditions and his course of treatment. He places great emphasis on his patients’ understanding and their emotional and physical needs.
- Adventist Health
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Yerevan State Medical University Named for Mkhitar Heratsi
- Drexel University, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Temple University (Residency)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Fellowship)
Awards and publications
- Sedrakyan A, Wu A, Sedrakyan G, Diener-West M, Tranquilli M, Elefteriades J. Aprotinin use in thoracic aortic surgery: safety and outcomes. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2006 Oct;132(4):909-17
- Sedrakyan A, Sedrakyan G, Ganesh JS, Treasure T. Pharmacologic prophylaxis for postoperative atrial arrhythmia in patients undergoing pulmonary and oesophageal surgery. (Protocol) Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD006290. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006290
- Magno P, Giday SA, Gabrielson KL, Shin EJ, Buscaglia JM, Clarke JO, Ko CW, Jagannath SB, Canto MI, Sedrakyan G, Kantsevoy SV. EUS-guided implantation of radiopaque marker into mediastinal and celiac lymph nodes is safe and effective. Gastrointest Endosc. 2007 Aug;66(2):387-92.
- Shin EJ, Ko CW, Magno P, Giday SA, Clarke JO, Buscaglia JM, Sedrakyan G, Jagannath SB, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV.Comparative study of endoscopic clips: duration of attachment at the site of clip application.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007 Oct;66(4):757-61.
Dr. Gevorg Sedrakyan's office locations
1515 N Courthouse Rd, Suite 140
Arlington, VA 22201
3117 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314