Dr. Gretchen E. Winter, DO
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
About Dr. Gretchen E. Winter
Skilled with the intricacies of internal medicine and primary care, Dr. Gretchen E. Winter looks after the people of Atascadero, CA, where she caters to the sick at FCPP Family Health Atascadero. She has a comprehensive approach to patient care and carefully considers all aspects of her patient’s health in the interest of properly diagnosing and treating them. Dr. Winter earned her bachelor's degree from Pennsylvania State University and her Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She also attended the Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, where she received her medical degree. In addition to pursuing her clinical career, she has authored several articles on varying topics in her field of specialization. A knowledgeable provider, Dr. Winter is certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine and holds active memberships in the American Osteopathic Association, American College of Osteopathic Internists, and the West Virginia Osteopathic Medical Association. Her sound medical knowledge and passion towards her work are commendable and make her a valued asset at the practice.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of California, Santa Barbara, PhD in Chemistry
- Pennsylvania State University (Bachelor's)
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- West Virginia Osteopathic Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Academic Excellence Tribute to Caring Scholarship. Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona, CA. August, 2006.
- B.R Baker Memorial Award in bio-organic chemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara, C.A. March, 1996
- Doctoral Scholars Fellowship. University of California, Santa Barbara, CA. August, 1990- August 1994.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships Honorable Mention. January, 1991.
- Winter, G.E.M; Butler, A. "Inactivation of Vanadium Bromoperoxidase: Formation of 2-Oxohistidine" (1996) Biochemistry 35:11805.
Dr. Gretchen E. Winter's office location
FCPP Family Health Atascadero
Family Health Atascadero
6955 El Camino Real, Suite 101
Atascadero, CA 93422