Dr. Himal Mitra, MD
As a psychiatrist, Dr. Himal Mitra prides himself on integrating psychodynamic psychotherapy with psychopharmacology, and does not generally prescribe medication except to those who also see him in ongoing psychotherapeutic treatment. He has been active in the field for 30 years. Dr. Mitra completed his undergraduate degree in literature at Amherst College, and attended medical school at the University of Colorado. His psychiatric training took place at Boston's Beth Israel Hospital, and was followed by psychoanalytic training. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Mitra has worked and taught in a variety of other settings, and currently teaches psychiatric residents at a Harvard teaching hospital.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Colorado, Doctor of Medicine
- American Psychoanalytic Association
Himal Mitra M.D.
1101 Beacon Street, 7W
Brookline, MA 02446