Dr. Houshang Makipour, MD
Dr. Houshang Makipour is a gastroenterologist in Woodbridge, Va who is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. H Makipour is a gastroenterologist who is a Northern Virginia Magazine Top Doctor and Washington Magazine Top Doctor. Dr. H Makipour has also been voted Best Other Medical Doctor in the Prince William Area by people in InsideNoVa's Best of Prince William Awards. He completed extensive training in Hepatology (Liver disease) and Internal Medicine at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital and Faulkner Hospital in association with Tufts Hospital in Boston, followed by a full fellowship in gastroenterology at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he was an associate staff member. He has extensive training and an immense experience with colon cancer screening and surveillance. Throughout his career, he has taken care of thousands of patients while always striving for excellence in patient care. His practice encompasses gastrointestinal and liver diseases. He is able to perform a wide range of endoscopic procedures such as upper endoscopy, esophageal dilation, esophageal banding for varices, PEG tube placement, liver biopsy, colonoscopy with polypectomy, and IRC for obliteration of hemorrhoids. He is an expert in colon cancer prevention by using colonoscopy and polypectomy/EMR. Dr. H Makipour has privileges at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center and INOVA Fairfax Hospital. Disclaimer: We will ask you to fill out additional paperwork at our office.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Ahvaz Jondishapour University of Medical Sciences, Doctor of Medicine
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Faulkner Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
Awards and publications
- 1.Resnick RH, Boitnott J, Iber FL, Makopour H, Cerda JJ. Preliminary observations of d-Penicillamine therapy in acute alcohol hepatitis. Digestion. 1974; 11(3-4):257-65.
- 2.Makipour H, Winkleman El. Primary biliary cirrhosis with cancer of the ampulla of Vater. Cleveland Clinic Quarterly 1975 summer;42(2):209-13.
- 3.Makipour H, Cooper A, Danzi JT, Farmer RG. Carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater: Review of 38 cases with emphasis on treatment and prognostic factors. Annals of Surgery 1976 Apr;183(4):341-4.
Houshang Makipour, MD
2280 Opitz Boulevard, Suite 200
Woodbridge, VA 22191