About Dr. James Christopher Mendler
James Christopher Mendler, MD, is an experienced and respected sports medicine specialist. Dr. Mendler is board- certified in family medicine and sports medicine. He earned his medical degree from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. He completed his internship and residency at Robert Wood University Hospital. Dr Mendler completed his fellowship at Indiana University. Dr. Mendler is affiliated with Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ.
- Aetna Better Health
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Holy Name Medical Center
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Sports Medicine (Family Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Doctor of Medicine
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (Internship)
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (Residency)
- Indiana University (Fellowship)
Dr. James Christopher Mendler's office location
Excelcare Medical Associates- Sports medicine
514 Kinderkamack Road
Oradell, NJ 07649
Patient reviews for Dr. James Christopher Mendler
Really took the time to listen to me and assess the issue. Made me feel like I was understood and the best treatment plan was given to me, especially since we discussed my options together
Dr. Mendler takes the time to provide you with answers to any questions. He makes every attempt to understand your condition and then goes out of his way to provide the right course of action. An excellent doctor all the way around.
Ditto what everyone else has said - warm and friendly, responsive, felt my questions and concerns were heard and responded to.
He is the best for sports injuries. Makes patients very comfortable. We have been going to Dr Mendler for years and would highly recommend.
Dr. Mendler was great with my son. He knew how to talk to him and diagnosed him efficiently.
He was great. Explained Very clearly.
I am much reassured after Dr Mendler examines my injury.
I've visited Dr Mendler multiple times for different ailments and always had a very positive experience. He is very patient and thorough. He does not over-prescribe. He is extremely patient and listens to you. The staff is also great. Overall, 100% recommended.
Definitely recommend; felt I was in good hands. Dr. Mendler is very professional and thoroughly explained my problem. I wish there are more doctors like Dr. Mendler who are personable, caring, and kind.
He is a very good doctor.
Very knowledgeable and thorough. Dr. Mendler took his time to explain and teach me how to exercise to strengthen my shoulder. Very nice facility. Overall a very positive and pleasant experience. Highly recommended.
Very professional, straight to the point but with a very positive demeanor.
Dr. Mendler was great! He is courteous, kind, and professional. He takes his time with you, and lays out the possible approaches you can take very thoroughly as well as explain to you the reasoning behind each one. I would definitely recommend him to a friends and family.
He was very friendly and he took the time to explain everything to me. I would definitely go back to him.
I highly recommend Dr. Mendler. He examined me thoroughly, explained what he thought was wrong, and answered all my questions about diagnosis and treatment. Furthermore, he expressed friendliness, kindness and empathy towards my troubles. I felt better and had a more positive outlook about my healing after the examination.
It was excellent. Listened to my issue and performed a thorough evaluation of my knee. Great bedside manner.
Fantastic experience. Answered all my questions, took his time explaining the injury. And has a great sense of humor.
- Atlanta, GA Sports Medicine Specialists
- Austin, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- Chicago, IL Sports Medicine Specialists
- Dallas, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- Denver, CO Sports Medicine Specialists
- Houston, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Sports Medicine Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Sports Medicine Specialists
- New York, NY Sports Medicine Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Sports Medicine Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Sports Medicine Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Sports Medicine Specialists
- San Diego, CA Sports Medicine Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Sports Medicine Specialists
- Washington, DC Sports Medicine Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Ankle Injuries / Sprain
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Bruise / Contusion
- Calf Strain
- Certified Medical Examination for Athlete
- Combat Sports Injury
- Exercise Counseling
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Exercise Intolerance
- Forearm Injury
- Gait Analysis
- Gym Injury
- Hamstring Strain / Pulled Hamstring
- Hand Injury
- Hip Fracture(s)
- More Procedures