Dr. James Cordell, MD
Primary Care Doctor
**PLEASE BE ADVISED: WE HAVE A 24 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY!!** Since I established my practice in San Diego in 1987, my goal has been to provide of high quality medical care, with an emphasis on preventative care. I try to encourage my patients to use diet, exercise and other good preventative health habits to avoid illness wherever possible. My office provides internal medicine services to patients 15 to 100+ years of age. These include preventative physical exams, well woman exams and office gynecology, cancer screening, biopsy of suspicious skin lesions, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of medical problems such as infections, hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, asthma, emphysema, arthritis, etc. I offer consultation in travel medicine to those planning to travel to foreign lands and provide the special vaccines and other medical services needed to protect their health while away from home. To get more information about this service, click on "Travel Health".
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Primary Care Doctor
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Los Angeles, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Utah, University Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of Utah, University Hospital, Fellowship in Internal Medicine
- American Medical Association
James B. Cordell, M.D.
9850 Genesee Ave, Suite 430
La Jolla, CA 92037