Dr. Jason Abfier, MD
Jason Abfier is a caring and diligent gastroenterologist serving the community of West Nyack, NY. Dr. Abfier attended Georgetown University, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center. He continued his training by completing a fellowship in gastroenterology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He also holds a master’s degree from Georgetown University. Dr. Abfier is a part of Crystal Run Healthcare. He is board certified in gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a member of the American College of Physicians and the American Gastroenterological Association. Dr. Abfier received the Program Director’s Award for clinical and academic excellence. Patients trust Dr. Abfier’s expertise because he consistently provides high quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes.
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Georgetown University, Doctor of Medicine
- Georgetown University (Master’s)
- Cornell University (Bachelor’s)
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center (Residency)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
Awards and publications
- Welisford & Mildred Clark Medical Memorial Trust Fund Scholarship.
- Program Director’s Award Presented Annually to the Medical House Officer for Clinical and Academic Excellence, as well as Enthusiasm for Learning.
- Abfier JA et al. Outcomes and quality of life (QoL) in patients undergoing stenting or minimally invasive surgical diversion (MISD) for palliation of malignant large bowel obstruction (MI,BO). Gastroenterol 2006.
Crystal Run Healthcare
West Nyack 2 Centerock Rd
2 Centerock Rd
West Nyack, NY 10994