Dr. Joseph Gnanaraj, MD
***ZocDoc is currently unavailable. Please contact your physician’s office directly to schedule an appointment. We apologize for any inconvenience.*** Joseph Gnanaraj is a skilled and experienced cardiologist serving the community of Waterbury, CT. Dr. Gnanaraj earned his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from the Madurai Medical College in India. He then moved to the United States, where he completed his residency in internal medicine at Griffith Hospital in CT. He also completed a fellowship in cardiology at Bridgeport Hospital. Dr. Gnanaraj is a part of Franklin Medical Group. Dr. Gnanaraj is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Gnanaraj received “Best Teaching Attending of the Year” at Griffin Hospital during his internal medicine residency program. He was also name Physician of the Year in 2011 at the same institution. Dr. Gnanaraj is deeply committed to the well-being of his patients. He takes a thorough and precise approach to his consultations to ensure that he is consistently giving accurate diagnoses. Patients trust his expertise because he consistently provides high quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Madurai Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Madurai Medical College, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Griffin Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Bridgeport Hospital, Fellowship in Cardiology
Awards and publications
- “Best Teaching Attending of the Year” Griffin Hospital, Internal medicine residency Program, 2009-2010.
- “Physician of the Year” Griffin Hospital 2011-2012.
- Harm F, Afrooz A, Gnanaraj J. Distal renal tubular acidosis in lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma Waldenström’s macroglobulinemia: a case report. Cases J. 2009 Jul 22; 2:7198.
- Saif MW, Gnanaraj J. Erlotinib-induced trichomegaly in a male patient with pancreatic cancer. Cutan Ocul Toxicol. 2010 Mar; 29(1):62-6.
- Gnanaraj J, Saif MW. Hypersensitivity vasculitis associated with leuprolide (Lupron). Cutan Ocul Toxicol. 2010 Sep; 29(3):224-7.
Dr. Joseph Gnanaraj's office locations
Franklin Medical Group
1320 West Main St
Waterbury, CT 06708
Franklin Medical Group
123 Main Street, #100
Hartford, CT 06106
Patient reviews for Dr. Joseph Gnanaraj
No problems, all questions were answered, very professional.
Really helpful & satisfy.
Thorough, comfortable environment to ask questions, not rushed. General concern for well being. Very pleased w/ my care.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Abnormal ECG / EKG
- Atrial Flutter
- Bypass Surgery Consultation - CABG
- Bypass Surgery Follow Up - CABG
- Calcium CT Scan
- Cardiology Second Opinion
- Cardiovascular Screening Visit
- Carotid Doppler
- Catheter Ablation
- Cholesterol / Lipids Checkup
- Coronary Angiography
- Defibrillator Checkup
- More Procedures
- Aetna Cardiologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- Cigna Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Cardiologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Cardiologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Cardiologists
- More Insurances