Dr. Joseph Purita, MD
Dr. Joseph Purita, a pioneer in the use of the laser in orthopaedic surgery, graduated from Georgetown University Medical School and served his surgical internship at the University of Florida Medical Center. Following completion of a residency in orthopaedic surgery at University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he served as chief administrative resident, Dr. Purita joined the Boca Raton Orthopaedic Group in 1981. Dr. Purita is an instructor and proctor of surgeons in the use of lasers in arthroscopic and orthopaedic surgery at a variety of area hospitals. Dr. Purita is one of the few orthopaedic surgeons in the county using platelet rich plasma to treat a variety of orthopaedic conditions and uses Orthopedic Stem Cell Injections.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Georgetown University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Florida, Internship in Surgery
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Palm Beach County Orthopaedic Society
- Southern Medical Association
Boca Raton Orthopaedic Group
660 Glades Road, Suite 460
Boca Raton, FL 33431