About Dr. Karen Dix
"I like the science of medicine because it is fascinating, always changing, and challenging. I like applying this to the art of patient care. I enjoy working with people, helping with each individual's concerns and problems from a traditional and holistic perspective. It is very rewarding to see a patient improve."
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Irvine, Residency in Family Medicine
- University of Illinois (Bachelor's)
- American Medical Association
- Miller Lawrence Medical and Dental Society
Awards and publications
- Dr. Dix received a Certificate of Achievement from HealthCare Partners for an outstanding performance and exceptional commitment to “Patient Satisfaction – Overall Satisfaction with Provider”.
- Dr. Dix is a three-time recipient of the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Physician Recognition Award.
- Dr. Dix also received an award of appreciation from Fullerton College in recognition of Outstanding Services rendered to Students.
Dr. Karen Dix's office location
ProHealth Partners/Karen Dix
911 E San Antonio Dr, Suite 1
Long Beach, CA 90807
Patient reviews for Dr. Karen Dix
excellent. she will be my new Primary Care doctor.
My rating may confuse you, because she is a good doctor, she is patient and listens to understand your needs. But my rating will sit at 1 star, because her front office staffing horrible, dismissive and curt. Dr. Dix and her office staff stand as a united front, although she is a good doctor I would never recommend her to anyone simply because of how her front office treats patients. Having to deal with them prior to seeing her is not worth it--they are just as many good doctors with better front staff. Please trust me when I say book elsewhere :(
Everything went great except the receptionist put my appointment time as 2:45p and my appointment was actually 2:15p which had me sitting for over an hour. Not on her P's and Q's ??
Great experience. Very satisfied with Dr. Dix questions and concerns. Will continue to be her client. Excellent Practice!!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- OB-GYN Consultation
- OB-GYN Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Annual Check Up
- Annual Pap Smear / GYN Exam
- Annual Pediatric Checkup
- Annual Physical
- Arm Problem(s)
- Back Problems
- Bedwetting / Enuresis
- More Procedures