Dr. Kathryn Landherr, MD
Dr. Landherr grew up in Central Texas and attended the University of Texas at Austin for her undergraduate degree in journalism and pre-med. She began medical school at UTMB, went on to graduate from Texas A&M Health Science Center, then on to the University of Oklahoma for her residency program. Once Dr. Landherr’s residency program was complete she was off to Tucson as an attending physician teaching residents at OU. While at Northwest Medical Center in Tucson, she was honored as Section Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology from 2008 – 2010. She also completed a fellowship in Integrative Medicine with Andrew Weil, M.D. at the University of Arizona where she learned how to help women achieve optimal health throughout every cycle of life. While in Tucson, she and her husband Shawn Tassone, MD (also an OB/GYN), decided to start their own private practice in 2002, as well as write two books together, “Hands Off My Belly! The pregnant Woman’s Guide to Surviving the Myths of Mothers, and Moods”, and “Spiritual Pregnancy: Nine Months of Spiritual Transformation Before You Give Birth”. After spending 12 years in Tucson, an amazing opportunity became available to come back “home” to the Austin area, where most of her family resides, and to join the award winning team of physicians at Austin Area OB/GYN and Fertility. Dr. Landherr is thrilled to have the opportunity to raise her four children amongst family in the beautiful hill country that she has always called home. She is looking forward to basketball and baseball with the kids, and perhaps a little golf, hiking, and watersports during the little free time she has.
- Saint David's North Austin Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - Texas A&M University, College Station, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Arizona, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine
- University of Oklahoma, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards and publications
- Tassone, SA and Landherr, KL (2009). Hands Off My Belly: The Pregnant Woman’s Guide to Surviving Myths, Mothers, and Moods. Prometheus Books.
- Tassone, SA and Landherr, KL (2014). Spiritual Pregnancy: Nine Months of Transformation Before You Give Birth, Llewellyn Worldwide Publications.
Austin Area OBGYN
12200 Renfert Way
Austin, TX 78758