Dr. Lawrence Zweibel, MD, FACS
Dr. Lawrence Zweibel earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from New York University before going on to receive his medical degree from Albany Medical College. He completed his internship at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York and served as chief resident in ophthalmology at the French and Polyclinic Medical Center. Dr. Zweibel has been a partner of North Shore Eye Care for the past 25 years. He is a clinical instructor at the State University of New York at Stony Brook and serves as Chief of Ophthalmology at St. Catherine of Sienna Hospital in Smithtown. He has been named in "Top Doctors: New York Metro Area" for the past ten years as published by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Dr. Zweibel is a member of the Medical Society of the State of New York, the Suffolk County Medical Society, and the New York State Ophthalmologic Society. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- French and Polyclinic Medical School and Health Center, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Medical School - Albany Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Center (Internship)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Surgeons
SightMD (formerly North Shore Eye Care)
260 Middle Country Road
Smithtown, NY 11787