Dr. Maria Betancourt, MD
Dr. Maria Betancourt graduated with a B.A. in Biology from Cornell University in 1981. She did research and performed radioimmuneassays for the Endocrine Department of New York University. The research was investigating the effect of Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone on various hormones from the brain. In 1982 she began her medical school trainig at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark. She graduated in 1986 and also completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology from 1986–1990 at UMDNJ University Hospital. Dr. Betancourt began her private practice in 1991 and became board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1994. She is fluent in Spanish and English. Her expertise is in colposcopy, contraceptive management, and menopausal care. She also has a special interest in abnormal uterine bleeding.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Doctor of Medicine
- Rowan University, University Hospital, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Women's Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
Awards and publications
- UMDNJ Resident of the Year Award 1990
Maria I. Betancourt MD, PLLC
185 Madison Avenue, Suite 800
New York, NY 10016