Dr. Matthew Cerniglia, DPM
Your feet are the most precious possessions and unfortunately often not appreciated until pain develops. The decision to alter one or both with surgery is a serious one, not to be made quickly or taken lightly. Your care is always the first priority at Ankle and Foot Institute of Texas. The American Board of Podiatric Surgery in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery certifies Dr. Matthew Cerniglia, the founder of Ankle and Foot Institute. He completed his undergraduate studies at Texas A&M University and furthered his post-graduate training at Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine graduating Cum Laude. He later completed a highly intensive two-year surgical residency at Hillcrest Health Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma one of the country's leading podiatric medical training facilities. Dr. Cerniglia is also experienced in pediatric reconstructive foot and ankle surgery for the treatment of congenital anomalies of the lower limbs in infants and children and leads bi-annual surgical mission trips to San Pedro Sula Honduras. While taking care of the local citizens in need he also teaches medical students, orthopedic residents, and practicing pediatric orthopedists in the fine art of foot and ankle surgical reconstruction. His sub-specialties include pediatric and adult flatfoot reconstruction, repair of traumatic injuries to the foot and ankle, and is one of less than 1% of all Foot and Ankle Surgeons in the world who performs and specializes in total ankle replacement surgery. Dr. Cerniglia was the first podiatric surgeon to implant the In-Bone Total Ankle Replacement system, which now is currently owned and operated through Wright Medical.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Ethicus Hospital Grapevine
- North Hills Hospital
- Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Education and training
- Hillcrest Health Center, Residency in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Texas A&M University (Bachelor's)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
Awards and publications
- "The MBA Arthroereisis Implant Results," co-authored with Jerry Maxwell, D.P.M., and William Knudson, D.P.M. Published in the Podiatry Institute's Update, 1997.
- "Subtalar Joint Arthroereisis," co-authored with Jerry Maxwell, D.P.M, published in McGlamary's Third Edition of Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- "Combination of Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy and STA-Peg Arthroereisis for Correction of the Severe Pes Valgo Planus Deformity," co-authored with Mark Bruyn, D.P.M., and Marty Chaney, D.P.M., Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, Vol. 38, No. 5, September / October 1999
- "Subtalar Joint Arthrodesis Utilizing In-Situ Cartilage Resection," co-authored with Jerry Maxwell, D.P.M., William Knudson, D.P.M., and Amy Scantlin, B.S., published in the Podiatry Institute's Update, 1997.
- "The Ogden Bone Anchor," co-authored with Armando Carro, D.P.M. and William Knudson, D.P.M., submitted to the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, Vol. 88, No. 6, June 1998.
Ankle and Foot Institute of Texas
816 Towne Court, Suite 100
Saginaw, TX 76179