Dr. Matthew Smetanick, DO
Dr. Matthew Smetanick grew up in Maryland and received his undergraduate degree in chemistry at the University of Richmond in Virginia. He then worked as a purification chemist at a biotech company in Maryland before attending medical school at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania. He completed his internship training in Cleveland, Ohio at UHHS Richmond Heights Hospital and was also active in scarring hair loss research at Case Western Reserve University. He then pursued his residency training in dermatology at PCOM/Frankford Hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Smetanick is a board-certified dermatologist who focuses on medical dermatology including conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, warts, moles, hair and nail disorders, skin infections, excessive sweating, and blistering disorders. He also has experience in the medical and surgical treatment of skin cancers. He enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading, hiking, tennis, cooking, and Texas barbeque.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Frankford Hospital, Residency in Dermatology
- University Hospitals Health System, Richmond Heights Hospital (Internship)
- American Osteopathic Association
200 County Road 340A, Building 4 - Suite B
Burnet, TX 78611
208 West State Highway 71
Bastrop, TX 78602