Dr. Mercedes Sayago, MD
**ATTENTION PATIENTS: We no longer see pregnancy patients!** M. Mercedes Sayago, M.D. graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Immunology where she was honored with memberships in the Golden Key Society and Phi Kappa Phi Society. She completed medical school at Texas Tech University where she participated in adoptive cellular therapy research. She was also very active in policy and education for the Health Sciences Center and was the AAMC representative for the school. She chose the University of Tennessee, Memphis for residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Sayago's medical interests include basic reproductive endocrinology and infertility, general obstetrics and gynecology, pediatric and adolescent gynecology and minimally invasive surgery as well as in-office procedures. Her focus is to provide personalized and caring medicine for women. Dr. Sayago speaks Spanish and German and recently moved to Southern California with her husband, Matias Aramburu, a Veterinarian, and their three children, Nicolas, Antonio, and Sofia. On her time off, she enjoys cooking, traveling and spending time with her family.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- Medical School - Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Doctor of Medicine
- Ohio State University (Bachelor's)
- University of Tennessee, Memphis, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Student Association
- American Medical Women's Association
- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Awards and publications
- Generation of Tumor-Specific CD4+ T-cells from naive donors using sequential stimulation of Her-2neu peptide pulsed dendritic cells and human B7.1 transfected MCF-7 tumor cell lines.
- Inhibitors of the oxidative and non-oxidative pentose phosphate pathways inhibit pancreatic cancer cell proliferation.
- Non-oxidative pathway of ribose synthesis in cultured pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells
Newport Beach Women's Wellness Center
320 Superior Ave., Suite 360
Newport Beach, CA 92663