Dr. Michael A. Brown, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
Michael A. Brown is a considerate and competent orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist serving the communities of Worcester and Westborough, MA. He earned his medical degree from Georgetown University. He completed both his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He continued his training by completing a fellowship in orthopedic sports medicine at Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center. Dr. Brown is board certified in orthopaedic sports medicine and orthopaedic surgery and is affiliated with UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA. He is a physician at UMass Memorial Medical Group and sees patient for variety of reasons, including orthopedic consultations and sports injuries. Dr. Brown was the winner of Resident Research Competition at Cleveland Orthopedic Society. He is uncompromising in his dedication to the well-being of his patients. He is committed to giving the best care and establishing long-lasting relationships with them. Please ensure your provider of choice is in-network with the selected insurance, prior to booking your appointment.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - Hahnemann Campus
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - Memorial Campus
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (Orthopaedic Surgery)
Education and training
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Internship in Orthopedic Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Bachelor’s)
- Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center, Fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Medical School - Georgetown University, Doctor of Medicine
Awards and publications
- Award Winner, Resident Research Competition at Cleveland Orthopedic Society, June 2000.
- Brown M, Sikka R. Guanche C, Fischer D: Bilateral Fractures of the Scapula in a Professional Football Player: A case Report, AM j Sports Med 32:232-23-200.
- Resident Research Award for best research project at Cleveland Clinic Foundation, June 2000.
UMass Memorial Medical Group
281 Lincoln Street
Worcester, MA 01605