Dr. Michael J. Levine, MD
Dr. Michael Levine is a cardiologist who treats patients in Lake Success, New York, and its neighboring areas. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in both Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases, National Board of Echocardiography, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology, and he is a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation. Upon receiving his medical education at Northwestern University – Feinberg School of Medicine, Dr. Levine completed an internal medicine residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He also completed fellowship programs at Beth Israel Medical Center in clinical cardiac electrophysiology and cardiovascular diseases. Professional experience for Dr. Levine includes his current position as attending physician at NYU Langone Long Island Cardiac Care. He has also been published in several journals and was awarded the 2008 David B. Skinner Award at NYPH/Cornell in Internal Medicine.
- NYU Langone Health
- St. Francis Hospital
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- National Board of Echocardiography
Education and training
- Medical School - Northwestern University, Doctor of Medicine
- Northwestern University (Bachelor’s)
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Petrie Division, Fellowship in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Petrie Division, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Awards and publications
- Ephrem (3, Levine M, Friedmann P. Schweitzer P. "The Prognostic Significance of Frequency and Morphology of Premature Ventricular Complexes During Ambulatory Holter Monitoring." Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2013 Mar;18(2):118-25. doi: 10.1111/anec.12010. Epub 2012 Nov 22.
- Ephrem (3, Levine M, Friedmann P, Schweitzer P. "The Prognostic Significance of Frequency and Morphology of Premature Ventricular Complexes During Ambulatory Holter Monitoring." Poster Presentation. European Atherosclerosis Society Congress. June 2011. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Levine MJ, Schweitzer P. "Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers in Atrial Fibrillation." Vnitr Lek. 2010 Nov;56(11):1138-41.
- Ruisi, M, Levine, M, Finkielstein, D. "Prevalence of Exercise Induced Myocardial Performance Index Abnormalities in an At-Risk Population." Poster Presentation Beth Israel Medical Center Resident Research Event.
- David B. Skinner Award for Administrative Stewardship Department of Medicine; NYPH Weill-Cornell Medical Center - New York, NY
NYU Langone Health
One Hollow Lane, Suite 103
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
Cardiologists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Cardiologists
- Aetna Cardiologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- Cigna Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Cardiologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Cardiologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Cardiologists
- More Insurances