Dr. Miroslaw Smogorzewski, MD
Born and educated in his native Poland, Dr. Smogorzewski first had a fellowship in Renal Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital in London, UK before coming to southern California as a research fellow in Nephrology at the LAC+USC Medical Center. While in Poland, Dr. Smogorzewski was the Chief of the Dialysis Unit at the Medical Academy in Warsaw and is currently the Associate Director at Keck??s Fellowship Program at the Division of Nephrology and the Director of clinical nephrology teaching for students, residents and interns. In addition to his teaching and academic responsibilities, Dr. Smogorzewski serves as an attending physician in the Medicine/Nephrology Department at the LAC+USC Medical Center and Nephrology/Transplant department at Keck Hospital of USC. An accomplished author of numerous peer reviewed medical articles, Dr. Smogorzewski is also an Associate Editor for the Mineral and Electrolyte Metabolism section of the American Journal of Nephrology. In 2007, Dr. Smogorzewski was invited back to Poland to lecture on Derangements in Brain Acetylcholine Metabolism for the Fifth International Congress on Uremia Research.
- Adventist Health
Education and training
- Medical School - Medical University of Warsaw
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center, Fellowship in Nephrology
- Transplantation Institute, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Akademia Medyczna im Mikolaja Kopernika (Internship)
Awards and publications
- William Osler and investigation on trench nephritisG Ital Nefrol. 2016 Feb; 33 Suppl 66:33. S66. 19
- Acute Declines in Renal Function during Intensive BP Lowering and Long-Term Risk of Death J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018 Jul 13.
- Longitudinal Weight Change During CKD Progression and Its Association With Subsequent Mortality Am J Kidney Dis. 2018 May; 71(5):657-665.
Keck Medicine of USC - Medicine
Keck Medicine of USC - Health Sciences Campus
1520 San Pablo St, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90033