Dr. Mustafa Hussain, MD
*** This clinic does not accept self-pay patients. *** Mustafa Hussain, MD, has advanced training in bariatric surgery, minimally invasive surgery and surgical oncology. Dr. Hussain has expertise in all standard primary weight loss surgeries, including the Lap-Band procedure, sleeve gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and duodenal switch. He also has a special interest in revisional bariatric surgery. Additionally, Dr. Hussain is working closely with the surgical oncology team to expand the use of minimally invasive and laparoscopic approaches in the surgical treatment of esophageal, pancreatic and gastrointestinal cancers. His research interests include bariatric surgery outcomes, the genetics and physiology of obesity, the impact of gut hormones on obesity and diabetes, and minimally invasive approaches to cancer surgery. In order to best serve you, please remember to provide your unique member ID number on your insurance card for your appointment. If this is not provided, you may expect a call from our office to get that information prior to your appointment so we can verify your benefits. We look forward to seeing you.
- All Savers Insurance
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
- American Board of Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- New York University (Internship)
- New York University (Residency)
- National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Fellowship in Surgical Oncology
- Cornell University, Fellowship in Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Columbia University, Fellowship in Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Prostate Cancer Screening and the Goldilocks Principle: How Much Is Just Right? Faiena I, Holden S, Cooperberg MR, Holden S, Soule HR, Simons JW, Morgan TM, Penson DF, Morgans AK, Hussain M.
- Chemohormonal Therapy in Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer: Long-Term Survival Analysis of the Randomized Phase III E3805 CHAARTED Trial. Kyriakopoulos CE, Chen YH, Carducci MA, Liu G, Jarrard DF, Hahn NM, Shevrin DH, Dreicer R, Hussain M, Eisenberger M, Kohli M, Plimack ER, Vogelzang NJ, Picus J, Cooney MM, Garcia JA, DiPaola RS, Sweeney CJ.
- Seven-Month Prostate-Specific Antigen Is Prognostic in Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer Treated With Androgen Deprivation With or Without Docetaxel. Harshman LC, Chen YH, Liu G, Carducci MA, Jarrard D, Dreicer R, Hahn N, Garcia JA, Hussain M, Shevrin D, Eisenberger M, Kohli M, Plimack ER, Cooney M, Vogelzang NJ, Picus J, Dipaola R, Sweeney CJ; ECOG-ACRIN 3805 Investigators.
- Targeting Androgen Receptor and DNA Repair in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Results From NCI 9012. Hussain M, Daignault-Newton S, Twardowski PW, Albany C, Stein MN, Kunju LP, Siddiqui J, Wu YM, Robinson D, Lonigro RJ, Cao X, Tomlins SA, Mehra R, Cooney KA, Montgomery B, Antonarakis ES, Shevrin DH, Corn PG, Whang YE, Smith DC, Caram MV, Knudsen KE, Stadler WM, Feng FY, Chinnaiyan AM.
- The role of genomics in patients with advanced prostate cancer. Hussain MH.
University of Chicago Medicine Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine Hyde Park
5758 South Maryland Avenue, DCAM 6th Floor - Module 6A
Chicago, IL 60637