Dr. Nurlela Gouveia is an internist serving the community of Memphis, TN. Dr. Gouveia received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Central Oklahoma. She proceeded to complete her medical education at St. George’s University School of Medicine, and then she completed her residency in internal medicine at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ. During her residency, she received several awards:
• Outstanding Resident to the Graduating SAR who Embodied Clinical Excellence 2011–2012
• Humanism Award for Outstanding Humanistic Qualities 2011–2012
• Resident Research/Scholarship Award for Outstanding Research and Scholarship 2011–2012
• Award for Excellence in Caring 2011
• Recipient of Albert N. Siegel, MD Memorial Award for Excellence in Gastroenterology 2009–2010
Following her residency, Dr. Gouveia completed a fellowship in geriatric medicine at Thomas Jefferson University. She is currently a member of the American College of Physicians.
In her spare time, Dr. Gouveia enjoys cooking, hiking, and traveling. …