About Dr. Osbert Fernandez
Dr. Osbert Fernandez is a diligent and trusted OB-GYN serving the communities of West New York and Hoboken, NJ. Dr. Fernandez earned his medical degree from the St. George's University School of Medicine in Grenada. He completed his internship in family practice and obstetrics and gynecology at Hoboken University Medical Center. He then completed his residency in family practice at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Hoboken University Medical Center and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at New York Medical College, Saint Vincent's Hospital. Dr. Fernandez is a part of CarePoint Health and is affiliated with Hoboken University Medical Center in Hoboken, NJ. He is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Fernandez’s clinical interests include high risk obstetrics and minimally invasive gynecological surgery. He has treated and managed a diverse range of medical dysfunctions and is committed to providing the best comprehensive medical care available. He is bilingual in English and Spanish and was chief resident during his obstetrics and gynecology residency at New York Medical College, Saint Vincent's Hospital. Dr. Fernandez is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient's situation and adapts his consultations and treatment options appropriately to accommodate individual needs and concerns. He exhibits his passion for obstetrics and gynecology in the care and precision he takes with his patients.
- Hoboken University Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - St. George's University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Hoboken University Medical Center, Internship in Family Practice and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- New York Medical College, Saint Vincent's Hospital, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Hoboken University Medical Center, Residency in Family Practice
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- Principal Investigator Violet Petal Study (Endometriosis), Coral Gables, FL
- Solstice Study (Endometriosis)
- Honored as a Humanitarian by the Men of Conscience Honorary Resident of the Year - Excellence in Teaching, New York Medical College
- Chief Resident OB/GYN, St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center, Manhattan, NY
Dr. Osbert Fernandez's office location
5 Marine View Plaza
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Patient reviews for Dr. Osbert Fernandez
I have struggled with different gyno’s throughout my life when it comes to comfortability and professionalism. Today as nervous as I was, the visit was beyond smooth and the doctor makes you feel COMPLETELY comfortable. Definitely set for the rest of my years with this one.
Great staff and 5 stars Doctors
The office staff was so sweet and the wait time both in the waiting room and in the actual room were very short. Dr. Fernandez had excellent bedside manner; made sure all of my questions were answered, took his time, and was very calming. Glad I found him and this office.
Dr. Fernandez is amazing and has great bedside manner! He’s very easy going and makes you feel comfortable during checkups. I highly recommend seeing him!
Dr. Fernandez is great! Went for an annual exam. Saw me almost immediately, took his time and didn't rush anything, was conversational and made me feel comfortable talking about anything and everything. He also made himself very available by telling me to call or email with any follow-up questions. Great experience all around.
Always quick, informative, and professional. I've been going here for 4 years and plan to stay until I move out of the area. I would recommend.
The doctor was very professional and answered all my questions.
It is really hard to find a Gyno you like and Dr. Fernandez was extremely nice and had excellent bedside manners. He spoke with me before he started my annual exam which I enjoyed and he continued to chat with me during the exam which made the exam fly by. I would highly recommend him and his office to anyone. The office is super clean and the nurses are beyond nice. I was in and out in 20 minutes which was also AMAZING! Highly recommend them, by far the best Gyno in Hoboken I have been to and I have tested out 2 others. I will definitely be sticking with Dr. Fernandez and his office.
Excelent staff.! Dr. Fernandez is really nice and profesional. No waiting time.
Very professional clean and nice staff
After moving to Hoboken, I needed to find a new OB/GYN. I was impressed with everything about the practice, from the aesthetics of the clinic itself to the efforts of the medical staff to make patients feel comfortable. I would recommend this practice highly for its attention to patient experience as well as patient care.
Friendly, but professional.
Wonderful doctor and staff. Can't say enough great things. Didn't have to wait more than a few minutes.
He was very polite and very professional.
Took me in before my appt time and i was in and out within 20 min for an annual appointment.
Dr. Fernandez is the best doctor in the world!!! :) I've been going to him for years. He is so sweet, never makes things awkward, is always in a great mood and he knows his stuff. Perfect combination.
He was very polite and took his time with me. I never felt rushed and he asked me more than once if I have any questions or concerns.
I think I found my new Obgyn! Thank you
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- OB-GYN Consultation
- OB-GYN Follow Up
- Abnormal Obstetrical Screening
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Abortion Consultation
- Absence of Menstruation / Amenorrhea
- Adnexal Mass
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Anal Warts / Condyloma
- Annual Pap Smear / GYN Exam
- Antepartum Care
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ob-gyns
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ob-gyns
- Cigna Ob-gyns
- UnitedHealthcare Ob-gyns
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ob-gyns
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ob-gyns
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ob-gyns
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ob-gyns
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ob-gyns
- More Insurances