Dr. Phyliss Shapiro, MD, FACOG
Originally from Long Island, New York, Dr. Shapiro has practiced and lived in Connecticut with her family for 24 years. Dr. Shapiro received a BA with Honors in Biology, Magna Cum Laude, from Brandeis University in 1978. She then pursued her interest in physiology at Georgetown University, receiving a MS in Physiology in 1979. Dr. Shapiro continued at Georgetown University School of Medicine and received her MD degree in 1983. Completing her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York, in 1987, Dr. Shapiro moved to CT to go into private practice. Dr. Shapiro was board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1989 and started her own practice, Fairfield County Women’s Health Associates in Stratford, in 1991. Dr. Shapiro moved the practice to its present, expanded facility in Shelton in 2009. Dr. Shapiro encourages individual empowerment which is a goal in her dedication to women’s healthcare and her volunteerism. She speaks to many community groups on a wide range of women’s healthcare topics and has written articles on women’s health issues for local newspapers. Dr. Shapiro has volunteered in New Orleans with Onsite Relief, an organization addressing the continued needs of Hurricane Katrina victims.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Saint Vincent's Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - Georgetown University
- St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Women's Association
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Fairfield County Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Making a Difference Award - Bridgeport Hospital
Phyliss Shapiro, M.D.
2 Trap Falls Road, Suite 510
Shelton, CT 06484