Dr. Richard Ahuja, MD
Retina & Vitreous Surgeon, Ophthalmologist, Retina Specialist (Medical)
***** PLEASE NOTE THAT DR. AHUJA DOES NOT PROVIDE GLASSES OR CONTACT LENS EXAMS.***** Richard Ahuja is a thorough, caring and attentive ophthalmologist, who treats his patients with compassion, placing their health and comfort as his highest priority. Dr. Ahuja currently provides care for diabetic eye disease, hypertensive eye disease, macular degeneration, retinal disorders, macular puckers, macular holes, torn retinas, flashes and floaters, and uveitis at his office in Chicago. Dr. Ahuja received his medical degree at Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois. He certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is affiliated with the Thorek Memorial Hospital. He is multilingual in English, Spanish and Hindi. Dr. Ahuja aims to treat his patients with the quality of care he himself expects.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Retina Specialist (Medical)
- Retina & Vitreous Surgeon
- Thorek Memorial Hospital
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Medical School - Rush University, Doctor of Medicine
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, Fellowship in Medical Retina
- University of Maryland, Fellowship in Surgical Retina
- Wayne State University, Kresge Eye Institute, Residency in Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Illinois Association of Ophthalmology
Awards and publications
- Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Chicago Medical School
Lake Shore Retina, S.C.
840 W. Irving Park Rd., Suite 401
Chicago, IL 60613