About Dr. Robert Kerlan
Robert Kerlan is a caring and diligent gastroenterologist in Memphis, TN. Dr. Kerlan obtained his medical degree from the University of Tennessee. He completed both his internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of Tennessee, City of Memphis Hospital. He also completed his fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Tennessee, City of Memphis Hospital. Dr. Kerlan also holds a bachelor’s degree from East Tennessee State University. Dr. Kerlan is a part of St Francis Medical Partners-Memphis Medical Spec. He is board certified in gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. In addition to serving his patients, Dr. Kerlan is the president of IPA Board at St. Francis Hospital. Dr. Kerlan is dedicated to helping patients receive the treatment they need so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle. Patients trust Dr. Kerlan’s expertise because he consistently provides high quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Tennessee, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Tennessee, City of Memphis Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of Tennessee, City of Memphis Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Tennessee, City of Memphis Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- East Tennessee State University (Bachelor’s)
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Tennessee Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Grobmyer, AJ.; Kerlan, R.A.; Peterson, C.M.; Dragstedt, L. R.; "Barium Peritonitis." The American Surgeon, Volume 50, NO. 2. April 1983, pp. 116-120_
- Woodall, M. , Kerlan, R. A.. Wilhite, Joe. "Granular Cell Tumor Of the Esophagus." Tennessee Medical Journal, August 1989, p. 419.
Dr. Robert Kerlan's office location
St Francis Medical Partners-Memphis Medical Spec.
Saint Francis Medical Partners
6005 Park Ave, Suite 200
Memphis, TN 38119
Patient reviews for Dr. Robert Kerlan
He was very personable and friendly.
This was my first visit with Dr. Kerlan. He was very nice and professional but also funny. I will definitely see him again.
If you’re in need of The best of the best in Memphis, Dr. Robert Kerlan is the one you need to see, I wish he could teach classes in the Memphis Tn area to other Doctors on how to listen to your patients and make them feel apart of appt., after all it’s about them — he provided the most excellent and kindness welcoming and answering all my questions with precise answers and he was exactly right about everything, I have complete faith and trust in Dr Robert Kerlan!! I pray GOD keep him here FOREVERRRRRR we need more doctors like him!!!!
Super doctor. Always listens to patient and treats me in accordance. He is the best doctor that I had in years.
The visit with Dr. Kerlan was excellent. He is a doctor that listens and cares. I recommend him highly.
This is by far the most respectful doctor I have ever seen. Dr. kerlans bedside manner is amazing and will make anyone feel extremely comfortable.
He is quite approachable and friendly.
He’s a really sweet doctor that’s incredibly easy to talk to. I usually get nervous when I go to the doctor, but his personality put me at ease. He actually listened to my symptoms and believed what I had to say (I have had doctors in the past that wouldn’t take in my opinion into consideration). I 110% recommend him to everyone!
Dr Kerlan is amazing. He truly takes his time to listen & understand your symptoms and make the appropriate diagnosis. I'd would definitely recommend him for any gastrointestinal issues.
Dr. Kerlan is very knowledgeable and patient. He takes his time to listen to every patient.
Absolutely great visit! Dr. Kerlan is one of the nicest doctors I’ve ever met. We had a great conversation and he is a very intelligent man. He’s extremely knowledgeable about my condition and I’m confident that I’ll be able to resolve my issues soon. I’m looking forward to continuing my treatment with Dr. Kerlan!
Dr. Kerlan is thorough and knowledgeable. I appreciated the time he spent with me, and his support staff was fantastic, too! I will recommend him to family and friends.
He was awesome and very engaging. Dr. Kerlan had very practical solutions to my concerns and a very warm disposition. I really really enjoyed my appt.
Dr. Kerlan is an old-school doctor, in the best way. He makes sure you understand what's going on, and is interested in the patient as a whole person rather than a list of symptoms. Highly recommended. Also excellent office, excellent staff.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroenterology Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Biliary Tract Problem
- Black Stool / Melena
- Blood in Stool
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy Consultation
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Problem
- Food Intolerance
- More Procedures
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances