Dr. Roberto Sunga, MD
Dr. Roberto N. Sunga received his medical degree and completed his residency in Ophthalmology as Chief Resident at the University of the Philippines. After his residency, he was awarded a travel grant and scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst). Following an intensive language course at the Goethe Institut in Germany, he continued his scholarship at the University Eye Clinic in Heidelberg. He completed a fellowship in Ophthalmology at the Wilmer Institute, Johns Hopkins University. Upon his return to the Philippines, he was appointed Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of the Philippines and Research Associate at the Philippine Institute of Ophthalmology. For his research studies at the institute, he was awarded the Republic Cultural Heritage Award for Science an Technology from the Philippine government. Upon the invitation of Mansour Armaly, M.D. who was the Chairman, he joined the Department of Ophthalmology of the George Washington University as an Assistant Professor. His areas of interest are comprehensive Ophthalmology and visual electrophysiology. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Adventist Health
Education and training
- Medical School - University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- University of the Philippines, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Johns Hopkins University, Wilmer Eye Institute, Fellowship in Ophthalmology
- Heidelberg University (Fellowship)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Awards and publications
- Awarded a travel grant and scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst).
- Awarded the Republic Cultural Heritage Award for Science an Technology from the Philippine government.
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates
2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 1st Fl
Washington, DC 20037