Dr. Samuel F. Bean, MD
Dr. Bean graduated from Baylor University and The University of Texas Medical Branch. He completed a fellowship in Dermatology at the University of Minnesota Hospital and served in the US Army as a Batallion surgeon in Gelnhausen, West Germany. He is certified in Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology and in the specialty of Dermatopology by the American Board of Dermatology and Pathology. Dr. Bean is a member of multiple medical and dermatological organizations including the American Dermatological Association and is author and co-author of eighty-one publications, articles and text book chapters related to dermatology and is co-editor and contributor to "Immunopathology of the Skin," editions 1 and 2. His professional appointments include Clinical Professor of Dermatology of University of Texas Medical School at Houston and Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine. Leisure interests include fly fishing, reading biographies and collecting, listening to and swing dancing to jazz recordings from the 1920s, 30s and 40s and two stepping and swing dancing to classic "Western swing."
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Park Plaza Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
- Dermatopathology (Dermatology)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Minnesota, Fellowship in Dermatology
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
- American Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
Awards and publications
- Honorary Member of the Pacific Dermatology Association
- Honorary Member of the Polish Dermatology Society
Samuel F. Bean, M.D., P.A.
1200 Binz Street, Suite 1110
Houston, TX 77004