Dr. Simon Wu, MD
Glaucoma Specialist, Ophthalmologist, Cornea & External Diseases Specialist
Dr. Wu graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and Computer Science from Brooklyn College, CUNY. He attended the New York University School of Medicine for medical school. Dr. Wu then completed his Ophthalmology residency at New York Medical College, serving as Chief Resident in his final year. His advanced training in cornea and refractive surgery was completed at the Boston Eye Group, where he also spent time at the prestigious Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary during this year. Dr. Wu treats a variety of medical conditions including cataracts, dry eyes, glaucoma, eye allergies and infections. He also performs ophthalmic surgery, such as cataract removal with intraocular lens implantation and laser eye surgery. Dr. Wu is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is an attending ophthalmologist at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary. Dr. Wu is a member of professional societies including the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Wu is fluent in English, Chinese Cantonese/Mandarin and Medical Spanish.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Cornea & External Diseases Specialist
- Glaucoma Specialist
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- New York University, Internship in Internal Medicine
- City University of New York, Brooklyn College (Bachelor’s)
- New York Medical College, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Awards and publications
- Jonas E. Salk Medical Scholarship for Continuing Medical Education
- Chief Resident, Ophthalmology
- Peiretti E, Slakter JS, Wu S, Iranmanesh R, Yannuzzi LA. Late effect of external eye irradiation on choroidal circulation. European Journal of Ophthalmology, 2006 Jul-Aug; 16(4): 637-40.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Vision Center of New York (Bay Plaza)
2100 Bartow Ave, Suite 216C
Bronx, NY 10475