Dr. Stefan Balan, MD
A nationally awarded, board-certified hematologist-oncologist, Dr. Stefan Balan is the Director of Cancer Network Development, Brooklyn and Director of Hematology and Oncology at Mount Sinai Brooklyn Hospital. Dr. Balan trained in Hematology and Oncology at New York University (class of 2002), and, before joining the Icahn School of Medicine, he was faculty at New York University and Dartmouth College, where he was singled out for excellence in teaching. Dr. Balan proudly looks after the community of Brooklyn, NY by providing his expertise at Mount Sinai Brooklyn Ambulatory Infusion Center and by offering the state-of-the-art cancer treatments and access to the most advanced technologies and clinical trials. He speaks English, French, Spanish, Romanian, and Italian. For his clinical expertise, compassion, humanism and teaching excellence, Dr. Balan was awarded the American Cancer Society’s Lane Adams Quality of Life Award.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Medical Oncology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie Carol Davila Facultatea de Medicina
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center, Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
Awards and publications
- Has there been any progress in improving the quality of hospitalised death? Replication of a US chart audit study. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care;.
- Reliability and validity of the valued activity inventory for adults with cancer. OTJR;.
- Closing the patient-oncologist communication gap: a review of historic and current efforts. Journal of Cancer Education;.
Mount Sinai Brooklyn Ambulatory Infusion Center
3131 Kings Hwy Brooklyn, 1st Floor, Ste. 1-02
Brooklyn, NY 11234