Dr. Susan Sam, MD
*** This clinic does not accept self-pay patients. *** Susan Sam, MD, MSc, is an adult endocrinologist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). She also has a clinical interest in other reproductive disorders leading to menstrual irregularity in women, type 2 diabetes and related metabolic disorders. Dr. Sam's research focuses on the metabolic abnormalities associated with PCOS such as the high risk for development of type 2 diabetes, lipid disorders, and obesity. In particular, she examines how abnormalities in fat tissue, such as inflammation, lead to development of insulin resistance in PCOS. She has received prestigious research grants and has published her findings in a number of scientific journals, including Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Diabetes, Diabetes Care, and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. Dr. Sam serves as a manuscript reviewer for scientific journals such as Clinical Endocrinology, Obesity and Fertility and Sterility, in addition to sitting on the editorial board for the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. Dr. Sam is also a teacher and mentor to medical students, residents and endocrinology fellows. In order to best serve you, please remember to provide your unique member ID number on your insurance card for your appointment. If this is not provided, you may expect a call from our office to get that information prior to your appointment so we can verify your benefits. We look forward to seeing you.
- All Savers Insurance
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- Northwestern University, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Northwestern University, Fellowship in Endocrinology
- Northwestern University, Master's in Clinical Investigation
- Northwestern University (Internship)
- Endocrine Society
Awards and publications
- Dr.Sam has published her findings in a number of scientific journals, including Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Diabetes, Diabetes Care, and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
University of Chicago Medicine Huron St.
UChicago Medicine Huron St.
150 East Huron Street, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60611
Endocrinologists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Endocrinologists
- Aetna Endocrinologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- Cigna Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Endocrinologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Endocrinologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Endocrinologists
- More Insurances