Dr. Ted Rothstein, MD
If you are experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain or any other emergency, please call 911. ***Dr. Rothstein specializes in treating patients with MS and Parkinson's disease*** Dr. Ted Rothstein is a capable and accomplished neurologist caring for the Washington, DC and Rockville, MD communities. Dr. Rothstein attended Virginia Commonwealth University, where he earned his medical degree. He completed his internship in internal medicine at Queens Hospital Center and his residency in neurology at the University of Washington. He also holds a bachelor's degree from Albany Medical College. Dr. Rothstein is a part of MFA Neurology. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Heart Association, and the European Neurological Society. During his consultations, Dr. Rothstein fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. His approach to his patients is one of diligence, solutions, and relief.
- Adventist Health
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Neurology (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Virginia Commonwealth University, Doctor of Medicine
- Queens Hospital Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Union College (Bachelor’s)
- University of Washington, Residency in Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart Association
- European Neurological Society
- North Pacific Society of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
Awards and publications
- Rothstein TL. Can 3 Dimensional Volumetric Brain MRI overcome the “clinico-radiologic paradox” in Multiple Sclerosis? J Funct Neurol Rehab Ergon. 2014. In Press.
- Rothstein TL. Therapeutic Hypothermia does not diminish the role of SSEP in Predicting Unfavorable Outcome in Anoxic-ischemic Coma. J Funct Neurol Rehab Ergon. 2014. In Press.
- Kunal A, Rothstein TL, Koubeissi M. Glioblastoma Multiforme masquerading as Tumefactive demyelinating lesion. Submitted for Publication, 2014.
MFA Department of Neurology
2150 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, 7 South
Washington, DC 20037