Dr. Teresa Tam, MD, FACOG, FACP
Dr. Teresa Tam is Board certified by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She attended the Rosalind Franklin Chicago Medical School, receiving the Dean's Award at graduation in 1994. She took residency St. Joseph hospital, from 1994 to 1998. In 2012, she took a sabbatical from her practice to undertake a Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at Penn State Hershey Medical Center in PA, She returned in 2013 to open a new solo practice in Chicago. Dr. Tam is an accomplished researcher, having been published in numerous of professional medical journals, and a noted presenter at national and international medical conferences, having presented over two dozen oral presentations, abstracts, video, and poster presentations. To date, she has written over 13 published research papers and produced a series of medical education videos. She was awarded “Attending of the Year” and received the “National Faculty Award“, an unprecedented FIVE times during her 12 years as Associate Director of the OB/Gyne residency program at St. Joseph Hospital. In all, Dr. Tam is a truly dedicated and accomplished physician who shows genuine concern and care for all her patients. She takes the time to listen to their needs, as well as advise and educate. As an accomplished clinician and surgeon with over 15 years experience, Dr. Tam brings an exceptionally high level of skill and knowledge along with her warm and caring bedside manner to all her patients.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Rush University Medical Center
- Saint Francis Hospital
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- Edward Hospital
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Doctor of Medicine
- Pennsylvania State University, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- University of Illinois, Chicago (Bachelor's)
- Chicago Gynecological Society
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American College of Physicians
Awards and publications
- Attending of the Year 2011 to 2012 – Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- Tam, T., Harkins, G., Zaino, R., Caldwell, T., Hazard D. Endometrial Dye Instillation: A Novel Approach to Histopathologic Evaluation of Morcellated Hysterectomy Specimens. Manuscript Ref. No: JMIG-D-13-00191R1. Submission accepted for publication in Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery on April 23, 2013.
- Tam, T., Estes, S. “Hysteroscopic Morcellation of Retained Products of Conception.” Manuscript ID GYN-2013-0038. Submission accepted for publication in Journal of Gynecologic Surgery on May 5, 2013.
- “Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology,” (COEMIG) 2013 - by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), and by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC).
- National Faculty Award 2012 – American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists/ Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics & Gynecology
All For Women Healthcare SC
1725 W. Harrison St., Professional Building 1, Suite 408 & 407
Chicago, IL 60612
All For Women Healthcare SC
2845 N. Sheridan Road, Suite 902
Chicago, IL 60657