Dr. Thomas Backer, MD, FACC
Interventional Cardiologist, Cardiologist
*Please note, this practice enforces a strict 48-hour cancellation policy* Dr. Backer, a native of St. Louis, graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1976, with a Bachelor of Science degree. He completed his medical degree at St. Louis University in 1980 and his residency and fellowship in cardiology at the Naval Hospital in San Diego. He completed his naval scholarship duty in 1988 and has been in private practice in North Metro Atlanta since that time. Dr. Backer believes in the strength and importance of a meaningful patient-physician relationship. FOR EMERGENCIES PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Interventional Cardiologist
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Interventional Cardiology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Saint Louis University, Doctor of Medicine
- Naval Medical Center, San Diego (Fellowship)
- Naval Medical Center, San Diego (Residency)
- American College of Cardiology
Atlanta Cardiology Consultants
3400 Old Milton Pkwy, Suite 395
Alpharetta, GA 30005