Dr. Venu Gopalakrishnan, MD
Venu Gopalakrishnan is a compassionate and skilled internist caring for the Glenview, IL community. Dr. Gopalakrishnan attended Government Medical College Kozhikode in India, where he received his medical degree. He completed his residency in internal medicine and internship at the same institution. Dr. Gopalakrishnan is a part of Presence Medical Group-Internal Med. He is a member of the American College of Physicians, the Society of General Internal Medicine, and the Society of Hospital Medicine. Dr. Gopalakrishnan is fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam, and Konkani. His awareness of these different languages makes him accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Dr. Gopalakrishnan exhibits his passion for internal medicine in the care and precision he takes with his patients. He is committed to giving the best care and establishing long-lasting relationships with them.
- Beech Street
Education and training
- Medical School - Government Medical College Kozhikode, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Government Medical College Kozhikode, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Government Medical College Kozhikode (Internship)
- American College of Physicians
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Society of Hospital Medicine
Awards and publications
- Presence Saint Francis Hospital Library Committee - Member
- Intern of the Year in 2013 - Presence Saint Francis Hospital, University of Illinois at Chicago
- A rare case of radiation therapy induced aortoesophageal fistula: A Case report and review of the literature. Journal: Gastroenterology report.
- Vomiting-Induced Gastric Emphysema and Hepatoportal Venous Gas: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Journal of Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine.
- Awareness of complications of diabetes and importance of glycemic control among diabetic patients of Calicut. Awareness of complications of diabetes and importance of glycemic control among diabetic patients of Calicut. Journal: Calicut Medical Journal - Clinical proceedings
Presence Medical Group-Internal Med
1625 Sheridan Rd, #1F
Wilmette, IL 60091