About Dr. Vlad Gendelman
When patients want to see a doctor who can draw on an incredible wealth of experience to treat them compassionately, they come to Dr. Vlad Gendelman. His passion for serving his community and seeing the world have taken him from Los Angeles, where he is the official team physician of the LA Strikers, to the Philippines, where he worked as a volunteer surgeon in impoverished communities. The prolific research work he has done over the course of his career (much of which was conducted at such prestigious organizations as the Arthritis Institute) has made it easy for Dr. Gendelman to maintain a cutting-edge knowledge of medicine and technology. He looks forward to meeting you!
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Sherman Oaks Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Irvine, Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- California Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- California Orthopaedic Association
Awards and publications
- Mitgang J, Hayes W, Gendelman V, Frumberg D, Saha S. The Effect of Drill Holes on the Bending Strength of Human Radii and Ulnae. Abstract presentation at Biomedical Engineering: Recent Developments conference, 2008 in El Paso, TX.
- Gendelman V, Dorr L, Maheshwari A, Boutary M, Wan Z, Long W. Multimodal Thromboprophylaxis for Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Based on Risk Assessment. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Am. Vol. 89, December 2007, pp2648-2657.
- Gendelman V, Dorr L, Boutary M, Wan Z. VTE Prophylaxis with Aspirin. Abstract/Poster presentation at AAOS Meeting in 2006 in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Vlad Gendelman's office location
Urgent Orthopaedic Care
12660 Riverside Dr, Suite 201
North Hollywood, CA 91607
Patient reviews for Dr. Vlad Gendelman
He offered a great plan of treatment. I am encouraged that I have a number of options to explore before considering any sort of surgery.
Very professional very personal respectful and approachable.
Thorough, knowledgeable, easy-going. Good staff.
I was impressed by the complete exam by Albert P.A., but I would have appreciated it if Dr Gendleman could have spared more of his time than 5 minutes. My appointment was with Specialist, Dr Gendleman and not his P.A. I was also given a shot which the Dr did not administer either. Maybe on my follow up visit he will spare a little more of his time for me. But Albert was excellent, and Wendy was very nice too.
Excellent!!! Perfect office. I have a follow up appt. Dr. G is great.
Doctor was very kind and answered questions.
Really great visit. Highly recommend.
His staff was just as helpful as he was. They all did a nice job. Definitely looking forward to my next visit.
I went to see Dr. Gendelman about some pain in my knee. I waited about twenty minutes before he saw me (10 ofthat was filling out forms). He was very knowledgeable, caring and thorough. Dr. Gentleman answered all my questions and I was relieved to hear that surgery wasn't needed. He showed me an exercise to do at home to help get rid of my knee pain and prescribed me an anti-inflammatory. I see him again in six weeks. After seeing four orthopedic doctors in the last twenty years for this knee, Dr. g. Ranks in the top two.
He seems to really know what he is doing. Seems very good. He explained everything I needed to know.
Very professional as an MD, very nice as a person
Dr. Gendelman is a nice guy. Knows his work and gave me several options in treatment to choose from even though he recommended one, which I liked. Having the xray center right next door makes this very easy and fast. I got xrays, diagnosis and a treatment plan within 30min.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances