About Dr. Alana Bunnag
* Dr. Bunnag is an out-of-network provider and does not accept or participate in any insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to see if you have out-of-network benefits. * ** All initial bookings require a brief phone consultation with Dr. Bunnag prior to the appointment being confirmed. Upon booking an available appointment slot, Dr. Bunnag will contact you within 24 business hours to discuss your treatment needs. If this phone consultation does not occur, Dr. Bunnag cannot see you, and the appointment will be canceled. ** Alana Bunnag, MD is a Harvard and Mount Sinai trained, board certified psychiatrist in New York City. As an adult, child and adolescent psychiatrist, Dr. Bunnag has extensive experience treating ADHD and anxiety throughout the lifespan. Special interests include academic difficulties, career/professional burnout, family and relationship stressors. She provides diagnostic clarification, medication management and psychotherapy within a safe and supportive environment for all ages. Taking time off of work, school and current life commitments can make self-care feel burdensome. To make self-care a priority, Dr. Bunnag offers Saturday and weekday evening appointments.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Ross University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Harvard University, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- University of Chicago (Bachelor's)
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- New York Council on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- New York County Psychiatric Society
Awards and publications
- Jayadeva V, Bunnag A, Meyen R, Fernando I. Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) Use in a Veteran With Chronic Pain. The American Journal of Psychiatry Residents’ Journal. 2017 Mar;12(3):13-15.
- Rubin DT, Huo D, Kinnucan JA, Sedrak MS, McCullom NE, Bunnag AP, Raun-Royer EP, Cohen RD, Hanauer SB, Hart J, Turner JR. Inflammation is an Independent Risk Factor for Colonic Neoplasia in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis: A Case-Control Study. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2013 Dec; 11(12):1601-8.e1-4.
- Rubin DT, Surma BL, Gavzy SJ, Schnell KM, Bunnag AP, Huo D, Appelbaum DE. Positron emission tomography (PET) used to image subclinical inflammation associated with ulcerative colitis (UC) in remission. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. 2009 May; 15(5): 750-755.
- Losavio AD, Bunnag AP, Rubin DT. Colonic infiltration with chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2007 Apr; 4(4): 229-233.
Dr. Alana Bunnag's office location
Alana Bunnag, MD
7 West 30th Street, 11th Floor Suite 4
New York, NY 10001
Patient reviews for Dr. Alana Bunnag
Dr Bunnag provided truly excellent care and attention to me and to my daughter during our consulting visit. She immediately put my young child at ease before and during the appointment and was highly professional and patient with me as a worried parent with a new mental health concern for my child. I can’t recommend Dr Bunnag highly enough and think many others could benefit from her compassionate and skillful care.
From the start of being a patient of Dr. Bunnag's, the experience has been nothing short of excellent. She took the time to speak and understand my issues to ensure we were a good fit, and to find a time that would consistently work with my busy schedule. It's hard to find a therapist who you can trust or feel is the right fit, but with Dr. Bunnag I felt comfortable right away and through her sessions have already made positive progress in overcoming some of my issues. I have already recommended her to close friends and will continue to do so.
Dr. Bunnag is the best! I was pretty nervous, but she made me feel comfortable and really cares. I'm grateful that she's my doctor.
Dr. Bunnag is wonderful! She was very comforting and knowledgeable. She offered me appointments in the evening to accommodate my work schedule. I'm so relieved to have finally found a doctor I love in NYC!
Absolutely stellar doctor. Caring, knowledgeable, and most of all, patient! Let's me cry and doesn't judge!!
Dr. Bunnag is so great. She is super smart and really cares about her patients.
Dr. Bunnag was wonderful. My child was really struggling and had been to see multiple providers before her. Dr. Bunnag was thorough, welcoming and kind. She put us at ease and took the time to explain everything so that we felt empowered. Now, my daughter is doing so much better! We're lucky to have found her.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
- Hyperactive Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Medication Review
- Panic Attack
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Pediatric Sexual Abuse Counseling
- Social Anxiety
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances