Dr. Alan Graves, MD
Dr. Graves is originally from New Orleans where he graduated with a Master’s of Science degree in Biology from the University of New Orleans in 1982. He went on to receive his medical degree from Louisiana State University in 1986. After completing his Orthopedic Surgery residency at Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans, he moved to Largo, Florida where he has been engaged in the active practice of Orthopedic Surgery since 1993. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Graves has extensive experience in adult reconstruction and total joint replacement surgery including hip, knee, and shoulder procedures. He has specialized training in Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) procedures for total hip and knee replacements, and was one of the first surgeons in the Tampa Bay area to perform this surgery. Dr. Graves also provides treatment for neck and back injuries, as well as a wide variety of treatments for injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents. Dr. Graves enjoys fishing and football in his free time.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Florida Hospital North Pinellas
- Mease Countryside Hospital
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, Fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery
- Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, Internship in General Surgery
- Medical School - Louisiana State University, Doctor of Medicine
- Ochsner Clinic, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
37026 US Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, FL 34684