Dr. Alcibiades Rodriguez, MD
Neurologist, Sleep Medicine Specialist, Internist
Dr. Rodriguez is assistant professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine and Co-Director of the New York Sleep Institute. He graduated with honors from the University of Panama Medical School. After his Internal Medicine training at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York he completed a neurology residency at Tufts-New England Medical Center, in Boston, MA. Subsequently, he completed two years of subspecialty fellowship in EEG/Epilepsy and Sleep Disorders Medicine at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. Dr. Rodriguez is Board certified in Neurology, Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine and clinical Neurophysiology. His main areas of clinical interest are EEG, Epilepsy, Video-EEG monitoring and Sleep Disorders. His research field involves the interaction of seizures and epilepsy with the different aspects of sleep, especially in children. Dr Rodriguez is fluent in Spanish and English.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Sleep Medicine Specialist
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Clinical Neurophysiology (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Tufts Medical Center, Residency in Neurology
- Mayo Clinic, Fellowship in Sleep Medicine
- Mayo Clinic, Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology
- Medical School - University of Panama
- St. Vincent's Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
Awards and publications
- Scale for distinguishing sleep disorders from seizures Rodriguez, Alcibiades J; Kuzniecky, Ruben I 2007 Aug;64(8):1206, Archives of neurology
- Use of sleep medications prior to presentation to sleep clinic in patients with epilepsy and insomnia: A retrospective study [Abstract] Khaund M.; Rodriguez A.J. 2010;33:A275, Sleep
- A patient with epilepsy and new onset of nocturnal symptoms Liebman R.F.; Rodriguez A.J. 2009;6(1):37-38+40-44, Reviews in Neurological Diseases
Wise Medicine, P.C.
84-03 Cuthbert Rd., Suite 1A
Kew Gardens, NY 11415