Dr. Alex Ferro, MD
Dr. Alex Ferro was born in Cuba and moved with his family to Miami as a newborn. He was raised in Miami, Florida where he completed high school. He is fluent in Spanish. Dr. Ferro completed his internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Chicago Medical School. He subsequently completed an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at Mercer School of Medicine, Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah Georgia. During his training he received numerous awards including the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists “Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures, The Organon Award for “Outstanding Research in Women’s Health and the Berlex Best Teaching Resident Award. He also was one of only 2 residents physicians in the country who presented his original research at the South Atlantic Conference for Obstetricians and Gynecologist. He has numerous publications in peer reviewed journals including the very prestigious American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He is a member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons. He is a diplomate of the American Academy of Anti Aging and Regenerative Medicine. He currently is a clinical instructor and faculty member for the PA programs at Barry University and Miami Dade College. He has maintained a successful private practice at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida since 2004. He has special training in minimally invasive pelvic surgery, advanced laparoscopy and complex pelvic surgery. He is an avid tournament and big game fisherman and an FAA certified instrument rated pilot.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Autónoma de Centro América Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud
- Mercer University, Memorial University Medical Center, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (Internship)
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (Internship)
Awards and publications
- Numerous Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals Including the Very Prestigious American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists “Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures.
- The Organon Award for “Outstanding Research in Women’s Health and the Berlex Best Teaching Resident Award.
Dr. Alex Ferro
4302 Alton Road, # 620
Miami Beach, FL 33140