Dr. Ashley Rubin, MD
Procedural Dermatology Specialist, Dermatologist
Dr. Ashley Rubin is a board-certified Dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs Surgeon. Originally from Tennessee, she completed her undergraduate degree, under scholarship, at Vanderbilt University, where she was inducted in Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. She obtained her Medical Degree at Vanderbilt School of Medicine, then traveled west for her internship in Internal Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Next, she completed her residency in Dermatology at UCLA. She acquired additional training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, cosmetics, and laser and light based therapies though her fellowship in Procedural Dermatology at UCSD. She continues to be involved with UCSD by actively teaching the dermatology residents. She enjoys volunteering and has participated in medical volunteer activities both in the U.S. and abroad. She has co-authored book chapters in surgical, cosmetic, and transplant dermatology; published journal articles in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology; and presented at local and national conferences. She is passionate about skin cancer prevention, and her specialties include: surgical removal of skin cancers, cosmetics, and laser treatments. Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology Professional Associations: American Academy of Dermatology American Society of Dermatologic Surgery California Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Mortar Board National College Senior Honor Society Phi Beta Kappa
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Procedural Dermatology Specialist
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Vanderbilt University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Residency in Dermatology
- University of California, San Diego, Fellowship in Procedural Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- California Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Mortar Board National College Senior Honor Society
Awards and publications
- AG Rubin. HIV and Related Skin Disease. Oral presentation, Grand Rounds, UCLA Division of Dermatology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA. May 2012.
- AG Long, CP Chung, CM Stein. Adipocytokines in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Relationship to Inflammation, Insulin Resistance and Coronary Atherosclerosis. Poster presentation, Vanderbilt University’s 27th Annual Research Forum, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN. April 2009.
- T Loh, AG Rubin, SB Jiang. Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Dorsal Hand: an Update and Comprehensive Review of the Literature. In Review
Carlsbad & Vista Dermatology
2395 S. Melrose Drive
Vista, CA 92081