Dr. Bernard Potter, MD
Dr. Bernard Potter is an experienced Board Certified dermatologist with a private practice in Dix Hills, NY, serving patients throughout Long Island. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and is on staff at NS/LIJ Huntington Hospital in Huntington, NY. After his graduation from NYU, Dr. Potter received his medical degree at the State University of New York (SUNY), Buffalo. He completed an internship at New Rochelle Hospital followed by a three year residency in Dermatology at Skin and Cancer Hospital, Temple University Health Sciences Center in Philadelphia. After opening his practice, he had an academic appointment for many years as Assistant Professor of Clinical Dermatology at the SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine. Dr. Potter has a special interest and expertise in Psoriasis Phototherapy having trained under the direction of a world recognized specialist in Photo Biology. Patients visit Dr. Potter for a variety of reasons, including acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin biopsies, skin cancer, warts, moles, growths, fungal infections, anti-aging topical skin care and more. Visits typically last from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. He is eager to help each patient receive the personal attention they deserve.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Buffalo, Doctor of Medicine
- Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital (Internship)
- Temple University, Skin and Cancer Hospital, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
Awards and publications
- Academic Appointment- Former Assistant Professor of Clinical Dermatology- SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Primary Tumefactive Amyloidosis. Arch Derm 1971;103:448-51.
- Potter BS. Bibliographic Landmarks in the History of Dermatology. J Am Acad Dermatol 2003;48:919-32.
Bernard S. Potter M.D., P.C.
410 Wolf Hill Road
Dix Hills, NY 11746