Dr. David Shanker, MD
Dr. David B. Shanker has been providing outstanding dermatological care for patients with skin problems for over 30 years. His focus is on providing individualized attention, one on one, with our patients. He is happy to see all ages - children, teenagers, and adults. Dr. Shanker is a 1981 graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. He completed his internship at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge in 1982. He then did his Dermatology residency training at the University of Illinos in Chicago. Dr. Shanker is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Great Lakes Dermatological Society, and the Chicago Dermatological Society. He has served as President of both the Great Lakes and Chicago Dermatological Societies. Dr. Shanker is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. He is also on the medical staffs of Northwestern-Lake Forest, Advocate-Condell, and Mercy Hospitals. Dr. Shanker has been listed in Chicago Magazine and by Castle-Conroy as one of the top Dermatologists in Chicago.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Lake Forest Hospital
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Chicago Dermatological Society
- Great Lakes Dermatological Society
Awards and publications
- Clinical Assistant Professor - University of Illinois
25 E. Washington St., Suite 1131
Chicago, IL 60602