About Dr. David Yamini
David Yamini, MD is double board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He specializes in medical disorders of the digestive disease system and gastroenterology systems that effect the small intestine, stomach, esophagus, gallbladder, liver, and pancreas, including inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis), indigestion (dyspepsia), small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). He performs a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including colonoscopy and upper endoscopy (EGD), and has a special interest in diseases of the digestive tract, biliary system, liver and pancreas with proficiencies in Endocopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), diagnostic small bowel capsule endoscopy (a pill swallowed to examine and take videos of the small intestine), and breath tests to diagnose and subsequently treat small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INSURANCE ID WHEN BOOKING APPOINTMENT SO THAT YOUR BENEFITS CAN BE VERIFIED AND WE HAVE NO SURPRISES!!
- American Republic Insurance Company
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Miami, Doctor of Medicine
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of California Irvine Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor’s)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Physicians, California Chapter
Awards and publications
- Yamini D, Basseri B, Chee G, Arakelyan A, Enayati P, Tran T, Poordad F. Tobacco and other factors have a negative impact on hepatitis C. J Viral Hepat.2011;18(10):714-20.
- Jamal M, Yamini D, Samarasena J, Singson Z. Decreasing Hospitalization and In-Hospital Mortality Related to Cholangitis in the United States. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 2011:45(10)92-96.
- Basseri B, Yamini D, Chee G, Enayati P, Tran T, Poordad F. Co-morbidities associated with the increasing burden of hepatitis C infection. Liver Int. 2010;30(7):1012-8.
Dr. David Yamini's office locations
2001 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 1286W
Santa Monica, CA 90404
9400 Brighton Way, 410
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Patient reviews for Dr. David Yamini
Doesn’t sign his prescriptions. Be prepared to wait for hours at a pharmacy for his staff to finally call it in
Dr. Yamini is very understanding and effective. He is also very easy to talk with. He completely went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and also that I could find the prescription I needed near my house.
Dr Yamini is very well informed and proactive in his treatment. His requested tests were able to locate areas of concern which required further investigation. Without his inquiry it would not have been possible. Very professional and highly recommended.
Dr Yamini did not spend any time discussing the symptoms that brought me in to his office. He instead, asked me about my insurance and told me it covered way more tests than most insurance. He booked me for several invasive tests the next day and did not explain to me why they were needed and ignored me every time I asked him why the tests were warranted or what they would show. He just said that I should take advantage of my insurance. After waking up from the procedures, I found that I was in a lot of pain that I had not been in before and had difficulty standing or moving. Though he told me prior to the procedure I would have no pain, after the procedure, he told me being doubled over in pain for several days was completely normal. His overall demeanor was rude, arrogant and dismissive. I strongly suggest seeing someone else.
David is a wonderful and helpful doctor. He is very professional and saw me in a timely manner. He's very personable and makes you feel calm when speaking with him. I dislike going to the doctor sometimes but he makes me less afraid!
It was ecxelent Just the parking lot io is to expensive
Super helpful even though there were some initial paperwork issues and was eager to see me and not make me wait. Very humble guy and extremely friendly!
Dr. Y is great. Thank you.
Makes talking about uncomfortable subjects a breeze. Competent and honest: doesn't sell vitamin cleanses and his own probiotics or anything like that. Makes sure your symptoms aren't half-fixed but fully fixed. Gets to the heart of the issue quickly. Good listener. Very sweet receptionist. I hate receiving many phone calls, and she's persistent about making sure you set up an appointment; it was stressing me out. I found the her much easier to connect with once she gave me her cell and said to text.
I can’t say enough great things about my first impression of this doctor and his amazing staff! They got me right in and set me up for everything needed. I’ve been looking for the right GI doctor for years having had a very negative experience with another doctor years ago. Dr. Yamini is not only professional, knowledgeable, respectful, and experienced... this guy is “cool” and nice too! His front desk person, Toni was amazing! She was kind, bright, efficient, patient, and positive! ??
He was very gentle about my situation yet did not fail to emphasize about the seriousness that could arise from gastrointestinal problems. Few and far between are as professional and caring as Dr. Yamini and his staff. I was 20 minutes late on Friday evening & they still had me in a room in 5 minutes as a new patient.
Dr. Yamini provided a thorough evaluation of my condition. He is a compassionate and caring doctor. Staff if friendly and responsive.
I really liked him - he was really understanding and communicative.
Great listener. Clear explanations.
Relatively intelligent, no-nonsense, socially skilled. Wish he had read my chart so I didn't have to re-answer all the questions.
Good visit. Dr. was very professional and explained things to our satisfaction.
He's an excellent doctor. He makes sure to find the right diagnosis. I will keep him as my doctor.
Dr Yamini is great! I appreciate that he replies to his emails himself.
The Dr. Was right on with getting to the root of my problem right away...he wasted no time. I highly recommend him. Mark
Scheduling was extremely easy with Dr. Yamini's staff, I scheduled my Tuesday appointment on Monday afternoon. The staff and Dr. Yamini were courteous and straightforward - even with new patient paperwork I was out the door within an hour!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroenterology Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Biliary Tract Problem
- Black Stool / Melena
- Blood in Stool
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy Consultation
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Problem
- Food Intolerance
- More Procedures
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances