Dr. David Yamini, MD
David Yamini, MD is double board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He specializes in medical disorders of the digestive disease system and gastroenterology systems that effect the small intestine, stomach, esophagus, gallbladder, liver, and pancreas, including inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis), indigestion (dyspepsia), small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). He performs a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including colonoscopy and upper endoscopy (EGD), and has a special interest in diseases of the digestive tract, biliary system, liver and pancreas with proficiencies in Endocopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), diagnostic small bowel capsule endoscopy (a pill swallowed to examine and take videos of the small intestine), and breath tests to diagnose and subsequently treat small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR INSURANCE ID WHEN BOOKING APPOINTMENT SO THAT YOUR BENEFITS CAN BE VERIFIED AND WE HAVE NO SURPRISES!!
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Miami, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor’s)
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- University of California Irvine Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians, California Chapter
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Awards and publications
- Mortar Board National Honor Society 1998-2002 University of California, Los Angeles
- Basseri B, Yamini D, Enayati P, Parker EW, Tran TT, Park J, Chee GM, Poordad FF. Co-morbidities associated with the increasing burden of hepatitis C infection. Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Annual Meeting 2009; Abstract & Poster Presentation (#204630) May 13-16, 2009, Miami, Florida
- Jamal M, Yamini D, Samarasena J, Singson Z. Decreasing Hospitalization and In-Hospital Mortality Related to Cholangitis in the United States.
9400 Brighton Way, 410
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
2001 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 1286W
Santa Monica, CA 90404