Dr. Fawwaz Mohiuddin, MD
Fawwaz Mohiuddin is a warm, friendly orthopedic surgeon working with patients in Lauderdale Lakes, FL. He received his doctor of medicine degree from the SUNY Upstate Medical University. Dr. Mohiuddin’s postgraduate training and education continued as he completed internship in general surgery at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, where he went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency. He completed a sports medicine fellowship with the Doctors Hospital Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Coral Gables, FL. Dr. Mohiuddin received funding for continuing research on augmented rotator cuff repair. He finds gratification serving patients and volunteering his healthcare services to his community. He has provided such care to the Broome County Special Olympics, the OASIS Center for the elderly, and has contributed to Operation Smile. He applies his same care for his community to his patients, minding their time and needs, completing orthopedic consultations in 45 minutes.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Florida Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- State University of New York, Binghamton (Bachelor’s)
- Medical School - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- Doctors Hospital, Coral Gables, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- American Medical Student Association
Awards and publications
- Dean's Honor List SUNY Binghamton University (1997 — 2001)
- Matan A, Mohiuddin F, et al. Randomized Trial of Graphic Surgery Consents: An evaluation of Patients Satisfaction with an Innovative Surgical Consent Process. Approval by the Institutional Review Board, Abstract completed (2002)
- Mohiuddin F, Koh J, Nuber G, et at Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in the Augmentation of Rotator Cuff Repair in a Rabbit Model. Abstract submitted June 2011.
Tenet Florida Physician Services
3001 NW 49th Ave, Suite 301
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313