Dr. Fred (Federico) Mattioli, MD
Refractive Surgeon, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Mattioli is board-certified by the American Board of Physician Specialites in Ophthalmology. He has performed hundreds of cataract/implant procedures and 30,000 laser refractive treatments, as well as cosmetic procedures such as blepharoplasty, Botox, and Latisse treatments. He is the original Houston Medical Director for a national LASIK corporation from 2003-2012. Now he is solely dedicated to his patients as a private practice surgeon delivering advanced care in a comfortable environment. Dr. Mattioli had LASIK himself and has been practicing in Houston since 2001, caring for and treating patients in all aspects of general eye care. He speaks Spanish fluently. He personally treated several Wounded Warriors. "I enjoy my work and my life outside the office, where I spend my time with my wife, our four children, and close friends. Activities I enjoy are fishing, sports, and barbecuing gaucho-style."
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Refractive Surgeon
Education and training
- Medical School - Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Doctor of Medicine
- Northwestern University, Evanston Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of Kansas Medical Center, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Zaldivar Institute, Fellowship in Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Certified in Ophthalmology by the American Board of Physician Specialties
- Texas Medical Association
Mattioli Vision Professionals, PA
2200 Southwest Freeway, Suite 500
Houston, TX 77098