Dr. George Young, MD
New York, NY
George Young, M.D., is certified by the American Board of Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Young is an acclaimed expert in the field of urology. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of incontinence, voiding disorders, female pelvic floor prolapse repair, prostate problems and reconstructive surgical procedures involving the urinary system. Dr. Young was the former Director of Female Urology, Neurourology, Urodynamics and Reconstructive Surgery at The New York Presbyterian - Weill Medical College of Cornell University from 1994 to 2002. He trained in Urology at New York Hospital - Cornell University Medical Center and had advanced fellowship training at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) under the direction of Dr. Shlomo Raz.
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP)
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- New York Hospital Queens
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidade de Brasília (UnB) Faculdade de Medicina
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center (Urology)
- University of California, Los Angeles (Fellowship)
- Staten Island University Hospital (Internship)
- Cornell University (Residency)
- Chinese American Medical Society
- American Urological Association, New York
- Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Dr. George Young's office location
George P. H. Young, M.D., F.A.C.S., P.C.
1060 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Patient reviews for Dr. George Young
Very professional, kind and compassionate. Extremely informative and made me feel very comfortable. The staff was friendly, polite and the entire office was extremely efficient. Very pleasant experience. Glad I made an appointment with Dr. Young and I plan to continue in his care.
Dr. Young is an amazing clinician! I am a 4th year medical student, so I have a pretty good basis for comparison when I make statements like that. He was able to get to the root of my problem when other physicians weren't able to. However, I was most impressed with and appreciative of the time he spent talking to me today, reassuring me about the nature of my condition, telling me a specific management plan, and telling me what I can expect down the road. I left his office happy knowing that there is a source for what was ailing me and empowered that there is something I can do about it. Dr. Young is a very kind, attentive man who is a bonafide expert in his field--I would recommend him to anyone.
I trust his decisions completely.
Extremely knowledgeable.I know I`m in good hands.
He was very thorough with his questions and exams, very considerate of the fact that I do not have medical insurance in this country. In short, Dr. Young is an extremely able and kind professional - and he even speaks my language, Portuguese!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Urology Consultation
- Urology Follow Up
- Bedwetting / Enuresis
- Bladder Pain / Interstitial Cystitis
- Bladder Stone
- Burning Sensation in Urine
- Circumcision / Phimosis
- Difficulty Urinating
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Shockwave Therapy
- Erectile Dysfunction / Impotence / Male Sexual Dysfunction
- Fecal Incontinence
- Frequent Urination
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- More Procedures
- Aetna Urologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- Cigna Urologists
- UnitedHealthcare Urologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Urologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Urologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Urologists
- More Insurances