Dr. Heidi Sungurlu, DO
***Please note that Heidi Sungurlu only sees patients ages 18 or older.*** Dr. Heidi Sungurlu is an attentive and skilled OB-GYN caring for the community of San Luis Obispo, CA. She earned her medical degree from Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed both her internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Garden City Hospital, part of Michigan State University. She also holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Toledo. Dr. Sungurlu is a member of the American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is a part of FCPP Central Coast. She sees patients for pap smears and annual GYN exams, as well as other common and specialized reasons. She speaks Turkish, Farsi, and English fluently, which makes her widely accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Patients trust Dr. Sungurlu’s expertise because she consistently provides high quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
Education and training
- Medical School - Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Michigan State University, Garden City Hospital, Internship in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Michigan State University, Garden City Hospital, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- University of Toledo (Bachelor’s)
- American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Awards and publications
- Allan Breakie Research Award, Knowledge of HPV after the Introduction of HPV Vaccine, 3rd place, 2009.
- Controversies of ObGyn Debate, Michigan State Univ Coll of Osteopathic Med, 1st place, 2006.
- Trustees Scholarship, awarded by Ohio State University, 1996.
FCPP Women's Health - SLO
Women's Health - SLO
35 Casa Street, Suite 130
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405